12 Ways That Can Help You Feel Pretty
1. You don’t have to be perfect to be pretty. Nobody’s perfect (nor should you want to be), be common or be unique, but be yourself. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
2. Don’t seek confirmation from others. It is o.k. if people think you look nice, but don’t live for it.
3. There are so many more important things then how you look.
4. Wear clothes that suit you and make you feel good, comfortable, and satisfied.
5. Excercise in a healthy manner.
6. Eat healthy, not every food trend or diet is healthy.
7. Allow for off days. Pull on those sweatpants, take that hot chocolate with whipped cream, and bask in all the glory of slouching around the house. Then go take a shower and go do something fun.
8. Don’t be too hard for yourself, be nice to yourself.
9. Reverse psychology. Accept that you are ‘ugly’, and be happy in being ‘ugly’.
10. Don’t look too long or often in the mirror. That little blemish of 0,0000001 inch will look like a ginormous crater on the moon, that nobody else sees but you. And who wants to be with someone who looks at your blemishes all day anyway.
11. Concentrate on a healthy weight that fits you through healthy means. Figure out what your body natural weight is. Accept the weight that your body is and be happy with yourself.
12. Take your mind off. Do charity work for example, something that doesn’t involve looks.
Looks aren’t everything, Believe me, I’m a model.
Cameron Russell admits she won “a genetic lottery”: she’s tall, pretty and an underwear model. But don’t judge her by her looks. In this fearless talk, she takes a wry look at the industry that had her looking highly seductive at barely 16 years old.
How to feel pretty
A videoblog by Anna Akana. AnnaAkana is an actress and filmmaker who got her start by creating comedic sketch videos and short films.
“The next time you look into the mirror, try to let go of the storyline that says you’re too fat or too sallow, too ashy or too old, your eyes are too small or your nose too big; just look into the mirror and see your face. When the criticism drops away, what you will see then is just you, without judgment, and that is the first step towards transforming your experience of the world.”
~ Oprah Winfrey
“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
“I’ve never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful.”
~ Author Unknown
“By plucking her petals, you do not gather the beauty of the flower.”
~ Rabindranath Tagore
“Beauty comes in all sizes, not just size 5.”
“Don’t let insecurity ruin the beauty you were born with.”
~ Author Unknown
“I had to grow to love my body. I did not have a good self-image at first. Finally it occurred to me, I’m either going to love me or hate me. And I chose to love myself. Then everything kind of sprung from there. Things that I thought weren’t attractive became sexy. Confidence makes you sexy.”
~ Queen Latifah
“If you feel beautiful, then you are. Even if you don’t, you still are.”
~ Terri Guillemets
“Do I love you because you’re beautiful,
Or are you beautiful because I love you?”
~ Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella
“Beauty — in projection and perceiving — is 99.9% attitude.”
~ Grey Livingston
“Taking joy in living is a woman’s best cosmetic.”
~ Rosalind Russell
“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”
~ Audrey Hepburn
The music below can be purchased on Amazon.com for your listening pleasure.
Modern World, Anouk
Buy music from Anouk
Hanging Around, The Cardigans
Buy music from The Cardigans
Set Fire To The Rain, Adele
Buy music from Adele
Stronger Woman, Jewel
Buy music from Jewel
Buy music from TLC
Beautiful, Christina Aguilera
Buy music from Christina Aguilera
F**kin’ Perfect, P!nk
Buy music from P!nk
Pretty Hurts, Beyoncé
Buy music from Beyoncé
Freedom! ’90, George Micheal
Buy music from George Micheal
Who Says, Selena Gomez & The Scene
Buy music from Selena Gomez & The Scene
Firework, Katy Perry
Buy music from Katy Perry
- How I’ve learnt to accept feeling ugly: With startling honesty, one woman describes how her looks have affected her life
- 10 Tips on How to Feel Beautiful Every Day
- How to Feel Pretty: 10 Ways to Feel Amazing About Yourself
- 11 Ways to Feel Beautiful (And not one involves more makeup!)
- Life After 50: Do You Feel Pretty?
- The Ugly, Unfair Truth About Looking Beautiful
- The Beguiling Truth About Beauty
- 10 Tips On How To Be Confident When You Feel Unattractive
- 20 People Reveal What Makes Them Feel Beautiful
Stay ‘pretty’ 😉